The outdoors Group // Blog Bats are the most impressive and valuable nocturnal animals out there. Their contribution to our ecosystem and environment is essential
The outdoors Group // Blog
Do I Have Rats In My Home?
- Droppings: Rats leave behind droppings that are small, dark, and shaped like cylinders. If you’ve noticed droppings in your home, particularly in areas where food is stored or prepared, it’s possible that you have rats.
- Gnaw marks: Rats have strong teeth and will chew on anything they can get their paws on, including wood, plastic, and even metal. If you’ve noticed gnaw marks on your property, it could be a sign of a rat infestation.
- Scratching noises: Rats are active at night and may make scratching or scurrying noises as they move around your home. If you’ve heard unexplained noises coming from your walls or attic, it could be a sign of rats.
- Burrows: Rats are burrowing animals and may dig tunnels or burrows in your yard or under your home. If you’ve noticed burrows or holes on your property, it could be a sign of a rat infestation.
- Nests: Rats are social animals and may build nests in your home, often using materials such as paper, cloth, or insulation. If you’ve noticed a nest in your home, it could be a sign of rats.
(Insulation removal and replacement from an attic after the home was excluded for rodents)
If you’ve noticed any of these signs, it’s important to take action as soon as possible. Rats can multiply quickly, so it’s important to address the issue before it becomes a larger problem. To remove rats from your home, you’ll need to seal up entry points, eliminate food sources, and use traps or poison to catch or kill the rats. If you’re not comfortable handling the situation yourself, don’t hesitate to seek the help of a professional.
Recent Blog Posts
The outdoors Group // Blog The Dangers of Why Proper Replacement and Sanitation is Important. You just dealt with the hassle of a wildlife infestation
working with us is easy as...
Waiting around for a response from a professional wildlife company just isn’t cool! Get your speedy, personalized, and free home inspection by filling out our quote form right here on our site!
Scheduling your home’s inspection date has never been easier! We know how busy and stressful life can get, and that’s why we work hard to schedule your inspection project at a time that’s right for you.
For your peace of mind, we want you to know that every member of our staff is fully licensed and insured so you never have to worry about an inexperienced technician working at your home.